APT-GET / Wajig Command note.
apt-get and wajig are based on dpkg, we usually use them to manage packages.
here are some notes.
apt-get update or
– for update package database, but it will not upgrade the package.
apt-get upgrade or
– for upgrade the package.
apt-get dist-upgrade or
– for upgrade the whole distribution.
apt-get install [package name] or
wajig install [package name]
– for install package.
apt-get remove [package name] or
wajig remove [package name]
– for remove package.
apt-get --purge remove [package name] or
wajig purge [package name]
– for remove package and configs.
– for get the source file.
– for clean the downloaded .deb files.
– for check the apt-get problems.
wajig whichpkg [command | file name]
– for seach the package of the command or file name.
wajig detail [package name]
– for list the detail of the package
* must run apt-get and wajig as root. please man apt-get/ wajig for more information.